Tools and Materials Journal Assignment
· Consider the visual
results of particular choices of tools, materials, or processes.
· Ask questions about art making.
Write about the following items
in your journal:
- Most traditional sculptures in Europe
and the United States after the Middle Ages are not painted.
How different would the Southwest Pieta look if it were
all one color?
- The final sculpture is painted fiberglass.
It was made with molds formed over a plasticine (oil-based
modeling clay) form. What are the visual results on the
surface of the sculpture that shows the tools and materials
used to make the sculpture?
- What are the advantages or disadvantages
of making more than one cast of a sculpture?
- What questions would you like to
ask Luis Jiménez about the making of the Southwest