Tools and Materials Journal Assignment
· Analyze tools, materials,
and processes used to make art.
· Experiment with tools, materials, and processes to
discover visual effects.
· Identify questions or problems
in your own art making.
Your teacher may limit your choice of tools, materials, and
processes, and, therefore, may change this assignment.
Review the ideas and shapes you considered for your Treasure
Box in Lesson One. Experiment with tools, materials, and processes
to construct your Treasure Box. For example you can make a
Also experiment with tools, materials,
and processes you might use to decorate your treasure box.
- My idea from Lesson One or my new
- (OPTIONAL) New sketch for the shape
of my box
- Sketch of my idea for decorating
my treasure box
- Sample experiments with different
tools and/or materials
- What I learned through my experimentation
- List of tools and materials I've
decided to use to make my Treasure Box
- A question or problem I'm still